Big Names Vie for Melbourne Southbank Development
26. April 2018
Low-rise building in center of photo is site for Beulah International's $2 billion development (Photo: Google Street View)
Melbourne developer Beulah International has announced the six teams competing to design a $2 billion mixed-use development in Southbank on a site currently occupied by a BMW car dealership.
The shortlisted teams:
- BIG - Bjarke Ingels Group with Fender Katsalidis Architects
- Coop Himmelb(l)au with Architectus
- MAD Architects with Elenberg Fraser
- MVRDV with Woods Bagot
- OMA - Office for Metropolitan Architecture with Conrad Gargett
- UNStudio with Cox Architecture
ArchitectureAU also tells us (our emphasis): "The shortlisted practices will present to a yet-to-be-named seven-member jury on 17 May. The jury will select a winner in July. The developer has appointed Ross Clark, former chief operating officer of the Australian Institute of Architects, as competition advisor."