AIA's Small Project Awards
22. June 2017
The American Institute of Architects (AIA) has announced the eleven recipients of the 2017 Small Project Awards, which recognize "small-project practitioners for the high quality of their work and ... promote excellence in small-project design."
The awards, now in their 14th year, are given out in three categories:
- Category 1: small project construction, object, work of environmental art or architectural design element up to $150,000 in construction cost.
- Category 2: small project construction, up to $1,500,000 in construction cost.
- Category 3: small project construction, object, work of environmental art or architectural design under 5,000 square feet
Category 1 Winners
- La Cage aux Folles – Los Angeles – Warren Techentin Architecture
- Colorado Outward Bound Micro Cabins – Leadville, Colorado – University of Colorado, College of Architecture and Planning, Colorado Building Workshop
- Sunset Pavilion – Firestone, Colorado – Tomecek Studio Architecture
Category 2 Winners
- Lightbox – Point Roberts, Washington – Bohlin Cywinski Jackson
- Laura's Place – Portland, Oregon – ARCHITECTURE BUILDING CULTURE
- Little House – Seabeck, Washington – mw|works
- Prospect House – Dripping Springs, Texas – Max Levy Architect
- Gemma Observatory – New Hampshire – Anmahian Winton Architects
Category 3 Winners
- Funny Girl Farm Produce Barn – Durham, North Carolina – Szostak Design, Inc.
- Lady Bird Loo – Austin, Texas – Mell Lawrence Architects
- De Maria Pavilion – Bridgehampton, New York – Gluckman Tang Architects