A Concrete Jewel in Zurich
25. January 2016
Architect Emanuel Christ and Christoph Gantenbein have completed their much-anticipated addition to the 19th-century Swiss National Museum, a jagged concrete mass that touches down in three points to connect the old and new buildings to the adjacent Platzspitz park.
In addition to the extension, Christ & Gantenbein's work included the renovation of the 1898 building designed by Gustav Gull, some of it completed in 2009 and some of it to commence next year. The extension will open to the public later in the year, so for the time being it is an empty concrete shell, as depicted in these photos by Roman Keller.
Check back soon for more coverage on the Swiss National Museum extension by Christ & Gantenbein.