Essex Crossing, The Rollins
New York, USA
- Beyer Blinder Belle Architects
- 145 Clinton Street, 10002 New York, USA
- 100M - 1Bn
- Delancey Street Associates LLC (BFC Partners/L&M Development Partners/Taconic Investment Partners)
- Richard Metsky (Partner/Partner-in-Charge), Carlos J. Cardoso (Partner/Director of Construction Administration), Orest Krawciw (Principal), Michael Wetstone (Principal), Mei Chu (Associate)
- Landscape Architect
- West 8 Urban Design & Landscape Architecture
- Structural Architect
- Severud Associates
- Rodkin Cardinale Consulting Engineers
- Civil Engineering & Acoustics
- AKRF, Inc.
- Building Envelope
- Frank Seta & Associates, LLC
- Geotechnical Engineer
- URS Corporation
- Illumination Arts
- Energy Consultants
- Bright Power, Inc.
- Walker Parking Consultants
- Code/Life Safety
- Design 2147, Ltd.
BBB’s design for The Rollins brings market rate and affordable housing to the Lower East Side neighborhood of Manhattan.
The Rollins is a 15-story mixed-use development on the Lower East Side of Manhattan and one of the nine sites in the 6-acre Essex Crossing Mixed-Use Development Project, the largest stretch of undeveloped City-owned land in Manhattan below 96th Street, also known as Seward Park. The site contains 211 apartments and 73,000 SF of retail space. Half of the apartments will be affordable for low, moderate and middle-income families. The project also includes a 15,000 SF park that marks the site as a key community element. The building design features brick and metal panels that echo the textures of the surrounding urban fabric.