Architekt | Geschäftsführer
Peter Kulka is a major German architect. His buildings in recent years have been characteristically succinct and minimalist. The attitude of the 1937 in Dresden born architect is resolutely modern, but at the same time differentiated in context to design and building site. This is proved with buildings like the Sächsischer Landtag in Dresden, Kulka's bestknown "Haus der Stille" in the Benediktinerabtei Koenigsmuenster in Meschede, the House for further education of the Robert Bosch GmbH in Stuttgart and his enterprising new fire station in Heidelberg. Unfortunately his enlightened designs for the Chemnitz stadium and the Olympic stadium in Leipzig couldn't be realised. Recent Projects range from the emblematic Harboue Police Commissariat in Hamburg to the reconstruction of the Residenz in his home town of Dresden, where he actual causes furore with the just finished transparent cupola above the small castle courtyard.
Kulka studied under Selman Selmanagic in Berlin-Weissensee. He worked with Hermann Henselmann in East Berlin, afterwards with Hans Scharoun in West Berlin. Since 1969 he works as an independent architect and revert 1991 to his roots with a brand in Dresden.
Nowadays he maintains offices in Cologne and Dresden with his Partners Katrin Krüger and Philipp Stamborski.
Peter Kulka is member of the Akademie der Kuenste Berlin, as well as founding member of the saxonian Akademie der Kuenste. He was allocated by numerous Awards and Honours, amongst others the Heinrich Tessenow Medal 1996. 2006 he received an honorary doctorate in engineering from the Technical University of Dresden
(based on the blurb from exhibition catalogue ‘Peter Kulka. Minimalism and Sensuality')