Stephen Breyer to Chair Pritzker Prize Jury
17. August 2018
With these recent changes the jury for the 41st Pritzer Architecture Prize, to be named next year, is currently:
- Stephen Breyer (Jury Chair), U.S. Supreme Court Justice, Washington, D.C., USA
- André Corrêa do Lago, architectural critic, curator, and Brazilian Ambassador to Japan, Tokyo, Japan
- Richard Rogers, architect and 2007 Pritzker Laureate, London, United Kingdom
- Kazuyo Sejima, architect and 2010 Pritzker Laureate, Tokyo, Japan
- Wang Shu, architect, educator, and 2012 Pritzker Laureate, Hangzhou, China
- Benedetta Tagliabue, architect and director of EMBT Miralles Tagliabue, Barcelona, Spain
- Ratan N. Tata, Chairman of Tata Trusts, Mumbai, India
Recent winners of the Pritzker Architecture Prize include Balkrishna Doshi (2018); Rafael Aranda, Carme Pigem and Ramon Vilalta of RCR Arquitectes (2017); and Alejandro Aravena (2016), the last who served as a Prize juror.
It is with great pleasure that we designate Justice Breyer as Jury Chair. His devotion to civic-minded architecture underscores the mission of the Prize and his unparalleled ability to guide a group deliberation is essential in creating a unified voice within this diverse and international panel of jurors.
1 day ago
2 days ago
1 week ago
2 weeks ago