Finalists for 2017 Arcaid Photography Awards
3. October 2017
Arcaid's 2016 Architectural Photographer of the Year Award: Matt Emmett's photo of the Covered Reservoir, Finsbury Park, London
Arcaid Images has revealed the twenty finalists – five in each of four categories – in this year’s Arcaid Images Architectural Photography Awards.
The overall winner will be decided at the World Architecture Festival in Berlin, where visitors will cast their votes over the course of WAF's three days (15-17 November). Each finalist in the four categories – Exterior, Interior, Sense of Place, Buildings In Use – is highlighted below.
This editor served as one of the principle judges and is quoted in Arcaid's announcement of the finalists:
The full list of principle judges:
It’s been a great pleasure serving on the jury for the 2017 Arcaid Awards. That process has revealed images of a consistently high quality with subjects that this architectural writer is familiar with, while also revealing buildings and places that are unknown and unexpected. More than just informing people about the existence of such places, the best photos go beyond that and entice people to learn more about the buildings, cities, and landscapes – maybe even booking a flight to see them firsthand. That feeling hit me on numerous occasions.
- Amy Croft, Curator, Sto Werkstatt
- Mark Dytham & Astrid Klein, Klein Dytham Architecture
- Matt Emmett, Photographer and winner of the Arcaid Awards 2016
- Katy Harris, Senior Partner and Head of Communications, Foster+Partners
- David Jenkins, Publisher, Circa Press
- John Hill, Editor of the World-Architects eMagazine
- Kate Goodwin, Head of Architecture & Drue Heinz, Curator at the Royal Academy of Arts
- Richard Bryant, Photographer, Hon.FRIBA, Hon.Doc.Design Kingston University
- Andrew Chen, Cendes Design Studio