75 Projects Win 2017 International Architecture Awards
25. August 2017
#64: THE BAHÁ'Í TEMPLE OF SOUTH AMERICA, Santiago, Chile by Hariri Pontarini Architects (Photo: Vanessa Guillen)
The Chicago Athenaeum: Museum of Architecture and Design and The European Centre for Architecture Art Design and Urban Studies have announced the 75 projects from 28 countries that have won 2017 International Architecture Awards.
Billed as "the most rigorous and prestigious awards program for new buildings designed across the globe," the International Architecture Awards honor a wide range of new projects, including skyscrapers, commercial buildings, urban plans, private residences, and real estate projects, which "achieve a high standard of excellence in design, construction, planning, and sustainability."
The full list of the 75 winners is below, in the order presented by the Chicago Athenaeum and European Centre, and with links provided for World-Architects member firms. The winners will be exhibited in Athens, Greece, from 8 September - 1 October 2017 at the Contemporary Space Athens.
#5: SHORE HOUSE, North Haven, New York, USA by Leroy Street Studio (Photo: Scott Frances)
1. CHESAPEAKE BUILDING 15, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA by Elliott + Associates Architects
2. THE WATERDOWN LIBRARY AND CIVIC CENTRE 9, Waterdown, Ontario, Canada by RDH Architects
3. LICHEN, Singapore, Republic of Singapore by Park + Associates Pte. Ltd.
4. COMMUNITY OF MUNICIPALITIES' OFFICES, Les Herbiers, France by Atelier du Pont
5. SHORE HOUSE, North Haven, New York, USA by Leroy Street Studio
6. CAMPUS-BRÜCKE MAINZ, Mainz, Germany by schneider+schumacher
7. HOUSE 24, Singapore, Republic of Singapore by Park + Associates Pte. Ltd.
8. AQUATIC CENTER "AQUAMOTION", Courchevel, France by Auer Weber Assoziierte GmbH
9. 42 BARRETTS GROVE, London, United Kingdomby Amin Taha Architects
10. BILL AND MELINDA GATES HALL, Ithaca, New York, USA by Morphosis Architects
11. CHABOHIBA HALL, Tokyo, Japan by Satoshi Okada architects Inc.
12. NAMAN CONFERENCE HALL, Hoi An, Vietnam by Vo Trong Nghia Architects
13. KAI TAK PRIMARY SCHOOL, Hong Kong, SAR by ArchSD
14. 120-DIVISION SCHOOL, Xingxian, Shanxi Province, China by WAU Design
15. KAPELLE SALGENREUTE, Krumbach, Austria by architekt bernardo bader zt gmbH
16. THE WATERFRONT PAVILION, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia by Francis-Jones Morehen Thorp
17. JOSAI I-HOUSE TOGANE GLOBAL VILLAGE, Togane, Chiba, Japan by studioSUMO + Obayashi Corporation
18. THE QUEST, Swanage, United Kingdom by Ström Architects
19. ALESIA CINEMA - PARIS, Paris, France by Manuelle Gautrand Architecture
20. PUMA ENERGY EL SALVADOR HEADQUARTERS, Asuncion, Paraguay by Ruiz Pardo - Nebreda
21. NATIONAL GALLERY SINGAPORE, Singapore, Republic of Singapore by studioMilou
22. NEW EUROPEAN HEADQUARTERS CALVIN KLEIN AND TOMMY HILFIGER, Amsterdam, The Netherlands by MVSA Architects
23. WAKE TECH REGIONAL PLANT TEACHING FACILITY, Raleigh, North Carolina, USA by Clark Nexsen
24. CRACKENBACK STABLES, Crackenback, New South Wales, Australia by Casey Brown Architecture
25. KOBELCO MAYA GUEST HOUSE, Kobe, Hyogo, Japan by Obayashi Corporation
#35: TRAINING RECREATION EDUCATION CENTER, Newark, New Jersey, USA by ikon.5 architects (Photo: Jeffrey Totaro)
26. HONG KONG EAST COMMUNITY GREEN STATION, Shau Kei Wan, Hong Kong, SAR by ArchSD
27. PLATFORM-L CONTEMPORARY ART CENTER, Seoul, South Korea by JOHO Architecture
28. CEM Il MAGGIORE, Cultural Complex and Theatre, Verbania, Italy by SPA Architect
29. JUNGLE FLOWER, Thai Nguyen, Vietnam by 1+1>2 Architects
30. FREDERIKSBJERG SCHOOL, Aarhus, Denmark by Henning Larsen Architects
31. JOOLZ HEADQUARTERS, Amsterdam, The Netherlands by Space Encounters
32. HEALEY FAMILY STUDENT CENTER | GEORGETOWN UNVERSITY, Washington DC., USA by ikon.5 architects
33. # CLOUD.PARIS, Paris, France by PCA - STREAM - Philippe Chiambaretta
34. McLEOD HOUSE, New South Wales, Australia by Ian Moore Architects
35. TRAINING RECREATION EDUCATION CENTER, Newark, New Jersey, USA by ikon.5 architects
36. DREXEL RESIDENCE, Los Angeles, California, USA by Minarc
37. ONTARIO RESIDENCE, Washington, DC., USA by David Jameson Architects Inc.
38. UNIVERSITY OF IOWA VISUAL ARTS BUILDING, Iowa City, Iowa, USA by Steven Holl Architects
39. SOUND TRANSIT UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON STATION, Seattle, Washington, USA by LMN Architects
40. MELBOURNE SCHOOL OF DESIGN, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia by John Wardle Architects and NADAAA
41. INTERNATIONAL HOUSE, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia by TZANNES
42. NIPPERT STADIUM WEST PAVILION, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA by Architecture Research Office
43. UNSW HILMER BUILDING, Materials Science & Engineering, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia by Grimshaw
44. ROCK & BRANCH, Dongjak-gu, Seoul, South Korea by Hyunjoon Yoo Architects
45. FUZHOU TRANS URBAN CONNECTOR, Fuzhou/Fujian Province, China by LOOK Architects Pte. Ltd.
46. SWEDBANK HEADQUARTERS, Landsvägen, Sundbyberg, Sweden by 3XN Architects
47. ATLANTA'S PARK OVER GA400, Atlanta, Georgia, USA by Rogers Partners Architects+Urban Designers
48. LANDGERICHT HALLE, Halle/Saale, Germany by Tchoban Voss Architekten GmbH
49. ETHAN'S VIEW AT THE BACKYARD, Bee Cave, Texas, USA by Bercy Chen Studio LP.
50. LE PAVILLON DU LAC, St-Bruno, Québec, Canada by Daoust Lestage architecture design urbain paysage
#40: MELBOURNE SCHOOL OF DESIGN, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia by John Wardle Architects and NADAAA (Photo: John Horner)
51. ABU DHABI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT MIDFIELD COMPLEX, Abu Dhabi, UAE by Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates
52. ST. PIUS CHAPEL AND PRAYER GARDEN, New Orleans, Louisana, USA by Eskew+Dumez+Ripple
53. COLLEGE OF MARIN ACADEMIC CENTER, San Francisco, California, USA by TLCD Architecture + Mark Cavagnero Associates
55. NANNING WUXU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, Nanning, China by Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates
56. PROVIDENCE SAINT JOHN'S HEALTH CENTER PHASE 2 MASTER PLAN, Santa Monica, California, USA by Perkins Eastman
57. ZURICH NORTH AMERICA HEADQUARTERS, Schaumburg, Illinois, USA by Goettsch Partners
58. BBVA BANCOMER TOWER, Mexico City D.F., Mexico by LegoRogers (Collaboration between Legorreta + Legorreta + Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners)
59. YANGTZE TOWER, Pukou District, Nanjing, China by Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture
60. ROWZAN RESIDENCE, Tehran, Iran by Ryra Studio
61. CJ BLOSSOM PARK R&D CENTER, Paldal-gu, Suwon, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea by CannonDesign
62. KENT STATE CENTER FOR ARCHITECTURE AND ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN, Kent, Ohio, USA by WEISS/MANFREDI Architecture/Landscape/Urbanism
63. THE MARSHALL FAMILY PERFORMING ARTS CENTER, Addison, Texas, USA by WEISS/MANFREDI Architecture/Landscape/Urbanism
64. THE BAHÁ'Í TEMPLE OF SOUTH AMERICA, Santiago, Chile by Hariri Pontarini Architects
65. STUDIO DENTAL, San Francisco, California, USA by Montalba Architects, Inc.
66. GRACE FARMS, New Canaan, Connecticut, USA by SANAA
67. ST. PATRICK'S ISLAND, Calgary, Alberta, Canada by W Architecture and Landscape Architecture, LLC. and Civitas, Inc.
68. SAN FRANCISCO PUBLIC SAFETY CAMPUS, San Francisco, California, USA by HOK + Mark Cavagnero Associates
69. SACRED HEART CATHEDRAL OF KERICHO, Nairobi, Kenya by John McAslan + Partners
70. HERITAGE QUARTER, Doha, Qatar by John McAslan + Partners
71. KONIECZNY'S ARK, Brenna, Poland by Robert Konieczny, KWK Promes
72. NEW LUDGATE, London, United Kingdom by Fletcher Priest Architects + Sauerbruch Hutton Architects
73. ARTIST RETREAT, Upstate New York, USA by GLUCK+
74. INFRASTRUCTURAL LIFELINE FOR PALESTINE AND ISRAEL, Palestine and Israel by Christoph Hesse Architects
75. GASTRONOMIC, TOURIST AND ATMOSPHERIC SCIENCES UNIVERSITY MASTERPLAN, Santa Maria del Mar, Lima, Peru by Tono Fernández Usón
#62: KENT STATE CENTER FOR ARCHITECTURE AND ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN, Kent, Ohio, USA by WEISS/MANFREDI Architecture/Landscape/Urbanism (Photo: Albert Vecerka/Esto)
The 2017 Jury for Awards was held in Dallas, Texas and consisted of the following architects and educators:
- Bang Dang, Partner, Far + Dang
- Rick Del Monte, Chief Design Officer, The Beck Group
- Daniel Dupuis, Principal, Kendall/Heaton Associates
- Mattia Flabiano III, Senior Principal, Page Southerland Page
- Brian Kuper, Principal, GFF, INC.
- Heath May, Associate Principal, HKS, INC.
- Ricardo Muñoz, Associate Principal, Page Southerland Page
- Tom Reisenbichler, Managing Director, Perkins & Will
- Tom Philippi, Design Principal, SmithgroupJJR
2 weeks ago
1 month ago