Thurgood Marshall Federal Courthouse

Originally designed by Cass Gilbert and completed in 1936 the Thurgood Marshall Federal Courthouse in NYC is one of the Federal Government’s historic treasures. Home to both the US Court of Appeals and US District Courts, the TMCH project presented several challenges in terms of preserving historic fabric while seamlessly integrating necessary modernizations. Lighting played a key role in the successful revitalization of this project. A 9-year collaboration between Client, Architect, Lighting Designer and Historic Restoration Fabricators results in a sustainable and bright new family of judicial spaces in preparation for this important building’s next century of public service.
Location
40 Foley Square, New York, NY 10007
New York, NY
USA
Year of completion
2013