Patricia Glasow has been involved in the design and management of hundreds of lighting projects, including commercial offices, theatres, exhibit and retail spaces, schools, showrooms, churches, large public spaces, hotels, residences and exteriors in North America, Asia and Europe.
Trained as a theatrical lighting designer, she began her professional career with Strand Century, Inc., a theatrical and video lighting manufacturer. She then worked as a representative for Strand Century in video lighting sales.
Returning to design, Ms. Glasow worked for WED Enterprises, the design subsidiary of Walt Disney Productions. Her project work included theatrical and architectural lighting design for Walt Disney World's EPCOT Center and field supervision at Disneyland's new Fantasyland.
She joined the firm of S. Leonard Auerbach & Associates in 1984. In 1994 the lighting division of the firm became Auerbach Glasow, now Auerbach Glasow French.
Ms. Glasow has received numerous lighting design awards from industry organizations, including the International Association of Lighting Designers, the Illuminating Engineering Society and the General Electric Edison Awards. She holds a Lighting Certification (LC) from the National Council on Qualifications for the Lighting Professions.
SELECTED PROJECT EXPERIENCE
- Adobe Systems, San Francisco, California
- AT&T Innovation Center, Palo Alto, California
- Banana Republic Stores, Various Locations in the United States and Canada
- Conference Center for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Contemporary Jewish Museum of San Francisco, California
- David Brower Center, Berkeley, California
- Euro Disneyland Resort Center/Lake District site, Villiers-Sur-Marnes, France
- Four Seasons Madison Resort, Carmelo, Uruguay
- Fox California Theatre, San Jose, California
- Gap stores, Various Locations
- Hyatt Regency Renovation, San Francisco, California
- Lotte Hotel, Royal Suites Renovation, Seoul, Korea
- MGM City Center Viva ELVIS™ Cirque du Soleil, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Pixar Animation Studios, Building l, Emeryville, California
- Pixar Animation Studios, Phase 2 Production Building, Emeryville, California
- San Francisco Conservatory of Music, San Francisco, California
- San Jose Greater Downtown Master Plan, San Jose, California
- Soka University, Performing Arts Center, Aliso Viejo, California
- The Cathedral of Saint Mary of the Assumption, Interior and Exterior Renovation, San Francisco, California
- University of California, Law Building Infill and Remodel, Berkeley, California
Bachelors of Arts, University of California, Los Angeles, Theatre Arts
Lighting Certification (LC) from the National Council on Qualifications for the Lighting Professions
- Professional Member of the International Association of Lighting Designers
- Illuminating Engineering Society of North America
- International Dark Sky Association
Trustee: Robert Bruce Thompson Light Fixture Design Competition
- Panelist: Lightfair International, Creating a Vision for OLED Lighting, 2011
- Key Note Speaker: Strategies in Light Conference, LEDs in the Real World, 2011
- Panelist: Department of Energy Solid State Lighting in Higher Education Workshop, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, 2010
- Speaker: International Association of Museum Facility Administrators Conference, Solid State Lighting in Museums, 2010
- Panelist: Swissnex, Light and Design, 2009
- Speaker: Simplicity in Lighting Design, Illuminating Engineering Society NA Golden Gate Section, 2008
- Moderator: Digital Projection: Illuminating and Defining Architecture in the New Century, Pacific Energy Center, 2006
Society NA Golden Gate Section, 2006